Views
Helpful
Replies

TBCT tcl scripting question

hossein izadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My call flow is the way that call comes to my VoiceGateway 1, then it goes to CUCM and gets answered, then if I transfer call, call goes to VoiceGateway 2 and finally PSTN.
So, at this point I have one call leg in VoiceGateway 1, and one call leg in VoiceGateway 2.

Here is my question: is it possible to use TBCT tcl scripting to release call legs from two VoceGateways  after transfer.
This is my ideal, but if this is not possible, what if I make my call flow in a way that call comes to Voicegateway 1, then CUCM and if call get transfer, then call goes to Voicegateway 1 again and PSTN. At this point both call legs are in the same Voicegateway. Can we use TBCT at this scenario.
At this point I really want to know if this is doable or not?

Any help will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only use one voice GW. Tcl script will be running on that GW

You will need:

1. Tcl script to handle TBCT

2. Proper IOS configuration

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/ivr/configuration/guide/tcl_c/ivr_tbct.html

3. TBCT feature from service provider (PSTN)

Thank you,

With saying only one voice GW, you mean all call control needs to happen in GW, or I can have TBCT happens in  this scenario:

call comes to Voice GW, then go to CUCM, phone ( which is registered on CUCM) answers call then transfer it to external number, and call goes back to same Voice GW and then PSTN.

Here is when TBCT should happen.

The  question is after call goes to CUCM, how script still keeps the control over that call. And how voice GW ( or better to say script) knows call got transferred?

The script will get "ev_transfer_request" event when a call transfer is initiated. Please refer TCL IVR programming guide from below location.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/voice-gateway/documentation/

Thanks,
Raghavendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: