cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC version 9-1: Concatenating two strings in footer of a field results in zero value

carlos.trivino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to concatenate two fields that are strings (StarrDate and EndDate)on a footer of another field(AppName) but the result I get is always zero. I have tried that in different ways:

1. $+$ 2. ($+$)

Both fields are shown as STRINGS when the report definition is created. This report definition is created based on an anonymous block (attached part of it for reference purposes)

The idea behind this is to print somewhere in the report both dates entered by the user of the report. In other reporting tools (like Crystal Reports) you can have a Header and you can include as part of it the input parameters.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Carlos A Trivino

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carlos.trivino
Level 1
Level 1

Adding a few corrections as it seems that when I posted the question out from an email it did not pasted all correctly:

The way I've tried to concatenate the strings are as follows:

1. ${StartDate}+${EndDate}

2. (${StartDate}+${EndDate})

Both result in a zero shown at the footer that I have associated to the AppName field.

Also I have found the following on the Cisco Documentaion:

If you enter a formula in a footer, the footer cannot interpret a specific database field. The footer

interprets the field name as an array for the database column to which the field belongs. For example,

this expression in footer formula ${FIELD1} + 1 is interpreted as ${FIELD1 : FIELDn} + 1.

If this is the case, then the question is if there is a way to make reference to a specific position of the array, e.g. if I have ${StartDate}, then would CUIC recognize if I do ${StartDate1}?

Anyway,  bottom line is, is there a way to put somewhere in the report definition the input parameters so that they are shown on the report itself?

Thanks.

Carlos.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

carlos.trivino
Level 1
Level 1

Adding a few corrections as it seems that when I posted the question out from an email it did not pasted all correctly:

The way I've tried to concatenate the strings are as follows:

1. ${StartDate}+${EndDate}

2. (${StartDate}+${EndDate})

Both result in a zero shown at the footer that I have associated to the AppName field.

Also I have found the following on the Cisco Documentaion:

If you enter a formula in a footer, the footer cannot interpret a specific database field. The footer

interprets the field name as an array for the database column to which the field belongs. For example,

this expression in footer formula ${FIELD1} + 1 is interpreted as ${FIELD1 : FIELDn} + 1.

If this is the case, then the question is if there is a way to make reference to a specific position of the array, e.g. if I have ${StartDate}, then would CUIC recognize if I do ${StartDate1}?

Anyway,  bottom line is, is there a way to put somewhere in the report definition the input parameters so that they are shown on the report itself?

Thanks.

Carlos.