Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest source identification, billing

rayigit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

just a question about Jabber Guest. It is possible to track the invited person on the Jabber Guest Server, Expressway to create a bill for the invited participants? I need a way , to monitor the callflow or track the calls and set a bill for the invited participant. Not the Jabber guest user , who send the link but the invited participant , who join about the browser to the conference romm/Endpoint/Jabber User.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, not sure I understand the scenario...can you provide a bit more detail?

It sounds like you may want to uniquely identify inbound JG callers, and their calls?  If so, you may want to look at the JG 'link' API Cisco Jabber Guest SDK

With this API, you can dynamically create a unique link for an individual caller, specifying the callerName and callerAlias (caller ID), which is then provided to the user.  When they use this JG link to join the call, the specified caller DN/name should be present as part of the call, and will then appear in CUCM Call Detail Records (or can be obtained programmatically in real-time via TAPI or JTAPI, or possibly CURRI)

Good Morning,

yes correct, that is the business case what i want to know and how i can monitore/track it.

I've looked at the JG API but there is a possiblity of inbound calls/names to verify that?

THX

An example scenario using the JG link API:

- User logs into business site - site app looks up the name/phone# of the user

- Site app uses JG API to create a dynamic JG link, specifying the name/phone# of the user and a unique call path, e.g. : https://jaggerguestserver.abc.inc/call/johnsmith-4055551212

- Site app renders web page to the user with a 'click here for help' button pointing to the new JG link

- User clicks the link and starts a JG call

- The JG call is routed to CUCM, with caller ID and name as specified by the app in step #2

From there, there are two basic mechansism that an app can 'monitor' inbound calls:

- Via Call Detail Records (post-call, typical for billing)

- Via CTI (TAPI or JTAPI) for real-time event-driven call monitoring

Cisco DevNet

Cisco JTAPI

Cisco TAPI

Hi David,

thank you very much for your help