Views
Helpful
Replies

Nuance ASR and TTS mutually exclusive

alan.clarke1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My environment is Cisco CVP 9.0, Nuance Recogniser 10.2 & Nuance Vocaliser 6.2.

The issue I am having is that my application either plays TTS and no ASR capability or does not play TTS but performs ASR capability.

When TTS is played the application accepts no input and the call eventually reaches max no-inputs and exits. When there is no TTS, ASR works fine, I know this from reviewing the activity logs.

TTS will work if the first element in the call flow uses TTS without ASR, for example audio element. For all further elements (i.e. digit capture) the TTS will play but no input (speech/DTMF) will not be captured, and from the CVP activity logs it appears as no input. 

ASR will work if the first element in the call flow requires ASR and TTS, for example when the first element is a digit capture, no TTS will be played but ASR will work without issue and Nuance will perform the recognition.

When I use a wav file, I can hear the announcement and ASR work without. The environment does not allow we access to the vxml gateway but I can request that debug logging be performed. 

Has anyone experience of this in the past and any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? 

Any help would be great. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Has you reviewed the Gateway configuration? Or Application Properties?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Has you reviewed the Gateway configuration? Or Application Properties?

Pat Legate
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Alan,  What was your solution for this problem? 

Thanks Pat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: