cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archive chat in SocialMiner

mehti1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. How can I archive chat between operator and Customer. I know customer can make save chat, but how operator save converstaion.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

snandi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All chat transcripts are saved in SocialMiner server for 30 days. Operator or agent cannot save chat like end customer can, but the stored transcripts can be accessed by Admin (or one can develop a tool to access using the search API).

If agent needs to take notes after a chat conversation is over, note that the chat window is not closed until agent explicitly clicks 'End'.

Can you provide use case where agent needs to store a transcript locally (which can go uncontrolled after that).

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

snandi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All chat transcripts are saved in SocialMiner server for 30 days. Operator or agent cannot save chat like end customer can, but the stored transcripts can be accessed by Admin (or one can develop a tool to access using the search API).

If agent needs to take notes after a chat conversation is over, note that the chat window is not closed until agent explicitly clicks 'End'.

Can you provide use case where agent needs to store a transcript locally (which can go uncontrolled after that).

Regards

Thank you for your answer, but how can i need archive all agent chat on external storage.

SocialMiner does not have a tool for archiving chat transcripts externally. But we have the API using which a partner can build a tool.

can you tell me API name or partner name

nelcnetworks
Level 4
Level 4

there is a python script on the web dev site Cisco DevNet: SocialMiner - Documentation

It may need some tweeking but if you have someone proficient in Python then it will suit you well. It doesn't differentiate between chats just downloads them all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: