cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What questions would you like to ask a Cisco expert?

hcaldwel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm working on bringing an "ask the expert" program to you where you can chat, in the community forums, directly with a Cisco expert about a designated topic for a set period of time (24-48 hours or so).  Right now I want to collect your ideas for topics.  If you had access to a Cisco expert (or multiple experts), what topics would you like to chat about?  Let me know by replying to this discussion thread.  Your answers will give me the basis of formulating a calendar of topics so we can deliver on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance!

* As a CCP member, make sure you are subscribed to all boards (discussions, documents, blogs, videos, and events so you always get the latest information from the program.
8 Replies 8

hi there, I was struggling to advertise my hsrp virtual IP address on OSPF ??

I have tried by giving an OSPF a cost to the interfaces but it didn't work at all, I've tried with the OSPF priority as well but it didn't work any chance if you know how to advertise hsrp virtual IP address on to OSPF routing protocol ??????

Hi,

OSPF advertises IP prefixes in its LSA's, not IP's. The only way to make OSPF advertise the attached prefix on an interface as a host route, as a /32 (except the Loopback, which is by default advertised as /32, due its unique and non-configurable network type of LOOPBACK), is by running a network type of "point-to-multipoint" or "point-to-multipoint nonbroadcast". However this will make OSPF advertise its configured IP on the link as a host route, not a HSRP VIP.

You can't make OSPF advertise the VIP. Why would you even need to advertise only the VIP? The subnet being advertised, the VIP is included.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

I understand what you mean but at the moment my packets go from both
routers active and standby but I want my packets only to travel from active
and travel from standby in the case active router fails how do I do that?

any ideas?

I understand what you mean but at the moment my packets go from both routers active and standby but I want my packets only to travel from active and travel from standby in the case active router fails how do I do that?

any ideas?

Hi,

You need to ensure that the path towards the active router has a better OSPF cost than the path to the standby router. Depending on the network design, you may need to change the cost of some links, or maybe the OSPF network type to achieve this.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hi there do you have any idea of how to deny url?. Real problem is i want to deny 2 url one for facebook server and one for youtube server using dns server for my users? The dns server is placed within the dmz zone and my face book and youtube servers are placed on outside world. I want to deny the url for my users from access them but I’m not sure how can i do it ? Any help of how i can deny url?

I’m designing and configuring a DMZ network and I want to configure a radius-based authentication for all users on their respective VLANs so that they can access there related file servers when authenticated.
Any idea of How do I go about this as I cannot find any information online???

I’m designing and configuring a DMZ network and I want to configure a radius-based authentication for all users on their respective VLANs so that they can access there related file servers when authenticated.
Any idea of How do I go about this as I cannot find any information online???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: