cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IW3700 Power Options

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

I'm reading that the power adapter for the IW3700 is CAB-PWR-M12-10 but I haven't found much information on it. I'm assuming it's an M12 connection on one end and a NEMA 5-15P on the other?

Also, is there a streetlight power kit available for the IW3700 similar to the AIR-PWR-ST-LT-R3P and AIR-PWRADPT-1530 available for the 1530 series APs?

Thanks,

Darren

5 Replies 5

rmim
Level 4
Level 4

Darren,

CAB-PWR-M12-10 is an M12 DC power cable; it has an M12 connector on one end and a pigtail on the other.  You can find details about it in the backup section of the IW3700 product presentation: http://wwwin-dev.cisco.com/tech/products/IW3700/#tab1=0&tab=0&tab2=0.

We don't currently offer a streetlight power kit for the IW3700 but will be adding an IP66 PoE+ injector.

Thanks Reiner. So what would the pigtail connect to (assuming an AC/DC converter as DC power is our only option on the IW3700). I'm unable to open the link to the product presentation.

Darren, typically a DC terminal block or an AC/DC converter. If the PoE output of the IW3700 is not needed for the application, then there is also the option of powering it using PoE+ or PoE instead of using DC.  My apologies, the link I forwarded you earlier is for internal use only.  Here is a link to our external page: Cisco Industrial Wireless 3700 Series - Data Sheets and Literature - Cisco.

Thanks,

Reiner

Would love to see an AC/DC adapter option for the IW3700 similar to that for the 1530 (AIR-PWRADPT-1530) as we're positioning this as an 802.11ac replacement for the 1530. Appreciate the info!

Darren

Any IW3700 design guide you are aware of yet?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card