Views
Helpful
Replies

caller id changing on inbound call?

sponsford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone experience this? I have a call that arrives at a CTI route terminal, the call is redirected to a phone.

Whilst alerting on the phone, the JTAPI events indicate a new connection joining and the original caller disconnecting?

How/why would a caller ID change for an external call?

Cheers

Stew

5 Replies 5

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

What version of CUCm/JTAPI are you using?

Unless we have more details on the version, details of the call scenario (e.g: 2001 calls 2002, application observing 2002 redirects the call using API.. and call goes to 2003. API used at the call on 2003) we can't move forward. JTAPI logs for this scenario will help as well.

sponsford
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies looks like the paragraph with the call flow details disappeared!

The scenario is, call arrives from SBC to a CTI route point, our application routes this call to another cti route point that is registered as a media terminal and an rtp audio stream is setup to play in queue audio. When a user becomes available our application redirects this call to the user's handset. It is whilst the call is in the process of routing to the handset that the first reported cli disconnects and the 2nd cli connects to the call.

Our application seeing the caller disconnecting assumes the call is ending so this causes a problem with reporting.

I am using JTAPI 7, I am just getting the CUCM version confirmed. I have a problem collecting jtapi logs as there seems to be a bug in our app that is overriding the tracing settings applied in the the jtapi client properties.

I have a v6 cisco jtapi test tool but that doesn't appear to work on the system there, and I cant find a newer version - this test tool produces jtapi logs.

Scroll to the bottom of this page Cisco DevNet: JTAPI - JTAPI to see the JTAPItest tool versions. JTAPI 7 , CUCM 7 are very old and no longer supported. Strongly recommend to upgrade to a supported version. The folder that contains jtapi.jar should have a jtapi.ini file if jtapi logs are configured. Can you check if the file is available and attach it here.

It seems that as the call moves from CTI RP 1 to CTI RP 2, you are seeing disconnect for the caller. Ideally if the redirect from CTI RP 1 is to a observed address, we should not see it. I need JTAPI logs to proceed along with the jtapi.ini file.

There was more of my original description that I somehow lost when posting. The two caller IDs are both in the SIP header ("from" and "p-asserted-identity") so I understand the call has two clis associated with it but I don't understand why JTapi is providing the information in the way that it is.