Views
Helpful
Replies

Create new user via REST API

aventurina1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Im having issues creating new users via the REST API. I have no issues in the GET/DELETE operations but I get the following error:

"The phone number/extension has violated a restriction in the restriction table. Restriction Type = [Outdial]"

Im POSTing to the following url: https://<server>/vmrest/users?templateAlias=<template alias>&MailboxStoreObjectId=<object ID>   with the following payload:

<User>

<Alias></Alias>

<DtmfAccessId></DtmfAccessId>

</User>

Im able to add users through the GUI interface using the same credentials and only providing the Alias/Extension (which is DtmfAccessId).

5 Replies 5

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alvin,

Can you share the CUC version and the complete content of both Request/Response? Thanks.

David

Hi David,

I believe it is: 8.6.1TT2.20014-28TT2

The request payload is the XML above, with the same number in both Alias/DtmfAccessID (XXXXXXXXXX).

The response is:

<ErrorDetails>

<errors>

<code>DATA_EXCEPTION</code>

<message>The Phone Number/Extension has violated a restriction in the restriction table. Phone Number/Extension = [vUserMwiExtension], Restriction Type = [Outdial]</message>

</errors>

</ErrorDetails>

Can you run Fiddler on your client and capture the actual header and body details (raw) of the request so we take a look? Thanks.

David

out of curiosity which user are you authenticating as when issuing the REST requests?  A user with a mailbox that has admin rights or a pure admin user?  The restriction table error is an odd one, we used to get that when adding users via ODBC back in the day as well but the logic was changed to overrride the restriction table checks when creating new users (i.e. as opposed to later editing a transfer number).  Note that the restriction tables of the actor making the change are evaluated, not the target object's restriction tables - as such my question about the admin user (which has no COS limit or RT mappings) or a user with a mailbox.

I can't repro this error on more modern versions of Connection - 8.6 was the earliest version of Connection supporting REST so it's entirely possible this is a bug - I'll have to dig up an old version to test against to prove that though.

HI Alvin

Are you able to share the REST API commands for Deleting

the Mailbox

thanks

shameer