Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring speed on ASA 5516-X model.

ricardobsb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question about the Cisco ASA 5516-X model. I'm doing a comparison between 5516-X and 5525-X models on link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/models-comparison.html, and I noted that on "Integrated I/O"  field the Cisco ASA 5525-X is showed as "8-port 10/100/1000" and the Cisco ASA 5516-X "Integrated I/O"  field is showed as "8 x 1 GE", so I need some oficial document from Cisco that explain or shows that the ports "8 x 1 GE" can be configured to 10/100/1000 speed to this specific model.

Thanks,

Ricardo Almeida

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hild
Level 11
Level 11

Hello Ricardo.

Here is a link to a document called "About the ASA 5508-X and ASA 5516-X". In it you will find the "Status Lights" section which describes the front panel LEDs for each of the eight Ethernet interfaces. There are three status indicators:

One blink every three seconds – 10 Mbps.

Two rapid blinks – 100 Mbps.

Three rapid blinks – 1000 Mbps.

This clearly affirms that the interfaces can be configured for 10/100/1000Gb speeds.

I hope this is helpful.

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hild
Level 11
Level 11

Hello Ricardo.

Here is a link to a document called "About the ASA 5508-X and ASA 5516-X". In it you will find the "Status Lights" section which describes the front panel LEDs for each of the eight Ethernet interfaces. There are three status indicators:

One blink every three seconds – 10 Mbps.

Two rapid blinks – 100 Mbps.

Three rapid blinks – 1000 Mbps.

This clearly affirms that the interfaces can be configured for 10/100/1000Gb speeds.

I hope this is helpful.

David

Hi David,

It was exactly this information that I was needing, so thanks a lot for your help.

Ricardo Almeida

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card