Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.0 Guestportal login flow changed?

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

I have a Cisco ISE Guest add-on product i developed, which integrates using the Guest API from v1.3, and auto-logins guests via some different iframe calls to the ISE guest portal. which i have deciphered by looking at the ISE guestportal login flow of HTTP GETs and POSTs and so on, and then duplicated these in my own PHP/Javascript code. This has been working fine through all versions since the Guest API was released. However since i started working with ISE 2.0, i am getting nowhere, as Cisco has chosen to put this little nugget in the http headers :

"X-frame-origins=SAMEORIGIN", which means the page on my external portal server, can no longer do any kind of iframe loads from the ise guestportal, as they are not on the same site :-(

Since i have no way of modifiying the headers from ISE, does anyone have an idea how sso type solutions would be possible now ? I have seen that there is supposed to support for SAML for the guest portal now, which is one route i could investigate, hpowever Cisco claims this only works with Oracle Access Manager SAML solution...not really something i wan't to get into for a simple guest login solution.

Also, the flow seems to require a portalsessionid now, which is not part of the initial url, but somehow created with the javascript on the ise guestportal, which i can't use, as it is loaded in an iframe, and if i try to load it into my own page, it fails as javascript ressourcers are not allowed to be loaded from another site :-(

Any suggestions ?

2 Replies 2

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Sorry, what i meant to say was of course "x-frame-options:SAMEORIGIN"

Just to clarify, i am not just suggesting that this is the reason, i installed a firefox plugin in my browser that removes the x-frame-options from the stream, and everything works as before ISE 2.0, i haven't changed i single line of code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: