Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Controlled Route Points Redundancy

Vlad Polyakov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have our CTI Application (JTAPI) controlling a CTI Route Point, which plays an announcement and then, when we determine where to route the call, it transfers it to a rep. We try to support redundancy in our CTI application and we are looking for a way to "migrate" CTI control of that route point to another instance of the application.
Configuring "Forward on CTI Failure" and "Forward Unregistered" did not produce desired results as a call on a route point becomes "TEMP FAIL".

Is there a way to migrate these calls or allow a CTI control of a route point to two application instance simultaneously?

4 Replies 4

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

You can register the Route Point from your second instance of the app as well. If the first instance goes down, RP is still registered and the second app can take control. This would need some 'heart beat' or other communication between the 2 instances to identify that the active instance is gone and the other instance should take over.

Do you mean I can register the Route Point from two instances at the same time? Or you meant that I need to see when my other app is going down and only then register?
The latter is not as efficient because we would loose all active calls on that Route Point Terminal.

Yes, you can register the same Route Point from 2 instances as long as the capabilities specified in register request are exactly the same.

fuhand00011
Level 1
Level 1

z

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: