Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AXL Sample App, get rid of the default warning

r.rung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dev Community,

i used the Cisco Sample App für AXL, everything works fine but i have no idea to avoid getting the warning:

Sep 10, 2015 4:08:08 PM com.sun.xml.internal.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser parseWSDL

WARNING: Import of file:schema/current/AXLSoap.xsd is violation of BP 1.1 R2001. Proceeding with a warning.

R2001 A DESCRIPTION must only use the WSDL "import" statement to import another WSDL description.

i know that this will not save the world, but i will put all warning and errors for my application into a log file and so it would be helpful to include only importend things.

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like Axis is emitting the warning as it attempts to apply rules from the "WS-I Basic Profile" web services standard:

http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.0-2004-04-16.html#refinement16498504

Axis is WS-I BP compliant, however the AXL SOAP API/schema itself does not formally support/conform to WS-I BP - so you get the warning.

It may be possible to turn off this validation by wsdl2java (if using CXF 2.6.x) with '--validate=none'

[CXF-4287] Modify -validate flag of wsdl2java to allow turning off all validation - ASF JIRA

Your other option might be to modify the AXL schema files to be WS-I BP compliant - e.g. looking at the description of the assertion that is failing, maybe it can be fixed by something as easy as renaming the AXLSoap.xsd file to .wsdl and fixing up AXLAPI.wsdl to point to the renamed file...

Hello dtaudt,

thank you for your answer.

i downloaded Apache CFX 3.1.3 and when i start wsdl2java there is a option -validate=none.

so i used wsdl2java with this option and it was successful for the cucm7 wsdl files.

with the cucm 10.5 wsdl files i get an exception:

wsdl2java - Apache CXF 3.1.3

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementNSImpl.setName(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementNSImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.createElementNS(Unknown Source)

after that i testend the new generated classes for the cucm7 api, but to my surprise the warning message is still there.

i think my java knowledge is not jet so good to make changes in the AXL schema files, so i better life with that warning.

For the 'out of memory' error, you should be able to add some command line parameters for increasing the memory available to the java command line you are using to do the WSDL compilation:

• -Xms <size>: specifies the minimum Java heap size.
  • -Xmx <size>: specifies the minimum Java heap size.