cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restart GOS application by itself

mahinkonikolaj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm developing the application for GOS. What is the best way to restart it by itself? There is the start/stop scripts which are written by the development guide. It is possible to restart the application from IOS. I'm wondering if there is a way to send the restart command from the application to IOS to restart itself.

3 Replies 3

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nikolaj,

Which device are you using for running the GOS? C819, CGR1000, or IR829?

There are the related methods to start/stop the applications for GOS.

For C819, you may use the Local App Manager to start/stop the applications GOS.

For CGR1120, you may use "iox application start/stop appid" in IOS to start/stop applictions for GOS.

For IR829, currently you may use "ioxclient" to start/stop applictions for GOS. And later it will support the same methods as CGR1120 does.

You may refer to the specific document for application development in the specific devices in the post of !!! GETTING STARTED with Cisco IOx

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the answer. I'm using CGR 1240. Currently the application restart is possible from IOS using the "iox application start/stop appName" syntax. I've read the documentation but do not see a way how to do restart from GOS.

Regards,

Nikolaj

Hi Nikolaj,

Please use "guest-os 1 restart/start/stop" to restart/start/stop the GOS in IOS.

Cheers,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: