cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Premium - Add a Column to the Stored Proc and Report without Rebuilding the Template

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Using CUIC 9.0 or 10.5 for creation of custom UCCX reports.

Scenario:

• I've created a SQL Stored Proc, and a report template based around it.
  • I then modify the SQL proc to add a new column. The new column doesn't show in the report.
  • To get it to show, I have to edit the report definition; click  'create parameters' then 'create fields'.
  • Doing this means I then have to redefine all my parameters and fields - names, types, formatting, summary rows etc etc.

Question:

• How can I add a new field that is returned by the SP to the CUIC report without rebuilding it in this way?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

That is the only way to add a new field.  The definition will retain your existing parameters, formatting, etc. etc., although the order of the parameters may shift - I always check them.  Otherwise it's no big deal.  Of course when you are done with the definition, you still need to go to the view and add the column there - when you open it, it will say that the definition has changed and automatically add your new field at the end of the columns, that may not be where you want it to go.

Regards,

Jack Parker

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

That is the only way to add a new field.  The definition will retain your existing parameters, formatting, etc. etc., although the order of the parameters may shift - I always check them.  Otherwise it's no big deal.  Of course when you are done with the definition, you still need to go to the view and add the column there - when you open it, it will say that the definition has changed and automatically add your new field at the end of the columns, that may not be where you want it to go.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That's not my experience - hitting 'create parameters' blanks them all. Is that not normal?

I have a 9.x and 10.x CUIC that do the same.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I confess that I have not used stored procedures in reporting for a while.  What I get with a SQL Query or Anonymous Block is after "Creating parameters" - and resetting their datatypes (which is lost), I hit "Create fields" and I get the behaviour I described above.

If I get some time today I'll play with a stored procedure and see what difference it makes.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Great - what I get is sort of the opposite. It can determine the datatypes of the params, but loses the display names, what was set as start/end time, etc. All fields lose any summary settings applied. Pain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: