cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx and DX80

turgepower
Level 4
Level 4

Good day we are working on a POC to setup some DX80 on our environment.

At this point we have the following questions:

Why the WebEx apps don't offer VoIP call and need to have call back solution?

Why do you need to have a CRM account to be able to share screen from the DX80

Could someone help on that 2 points?

Regards

4 Replies 4

Hi Veronique,

your 2 points are valid, but I'm very sorry I have no solution for your points. That's at the moment the way Cisco implemented the WebEx client to the DX-Series.

The WebEx client is just the basic WebEx client without sharing capabilities, that's why you cannot share your screen or share your presentation.

Alternatively you could connect the laptop, which should share, also to the WebEx. I know that's solution with high usability, but I it's the only solution I would know.

If you are dialing into a WebEx CMR with your DX endpoint you can use the "standard video endpoint features" and one of them is to share the screen.

Some more information aobut the supported features could be found in the User guide of the DX-Series:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/dx70/user/1024/en/dx70-dx80-user-guide-1024.pdf

During a Cisco WebEx meeting, participants can join the audio conference, see who is in the meeting, view shared presentations, chat with everyone, or chat privately.

Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian.

Do you know if Cisco are planning on changing the WebEx apps for DX80 soon?

Regards

Hi Veroniqu,

you should join the Customer Connection Programm of Cisco inside this forum, everybody can register there.

Customer Connection Program

In the briefing archive is a presentation from November which shows the strategy for endpoints. The slides 39/40 should be interesting for you. To be honest, I don't expect much improvements.

Sebastian

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: