Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieving usage from CUCM sandbox

joseph.bauser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to proof of concept fetching all sorts of usage types from voice, to messaging, to email, and back. Unfortunately I'm completely new to Cisco CUCM and am having trouble finding the appropriate documentation/references to assist in setting up, generating data, retrieving the usage data.

My objective is to simulate all sorts of usage in the sandbox. Once that's done I'll need to be able to access usage records from CUCM in order to proof of concept some of our usage processing. I'm starting my proof of concept with voice, then I'll move on to messaging, email, conferencing, etc..

I'll need to do this for both CUCM 10.x and 11.x

Is there any way to allow the sandbox to connect to an external FTP server to fetch CDR?
Is there any documentation available anywhere on how to retrieve other forms of usage from Cisco CUCM?

Thanks,

Joe

6 Replies 6

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph,

yes you can connect an external FTP to the CUCM publisher an pull the CDR information. The CUCM has other APIs which you can use to pull data i.e. AXL

What is the primary purpose of your application? We have CUCM 10.5 and and 11 sandboxes available. If you need unity connection (for voice mail), this can be added separately to your lab.

I can attach some like into this thread with useful information.

Please fell free to go ahead and book a collaboration lab for five days. This lab will be exclusive to you so you can play with the servers and learn how to integrate.

Joe Kearns 

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for the tips.

I've already successfully created a CUCM 11.0 lab, but I'm having trouble connecting it to an external FTP server. Are there any outbound restrictions on the machines in the lab VPNs or should they be able to connect to external machines?

I'm also noticing that when connecting to the CUCM administration interface via Chrome that every few interactions causes a long load time followed by a "Machine sent an empty response" or "connection was interrupted" message. Are there any resources which might help me diagnose this issue?

Edit: I also experience this problem when connecting via IE, and Firefox, so I'm not sure it's a browser issue. My connection to the VPN stays stable, but I regularly lose connection to the machines behind the VPN for very long periods of time.

Finally, I notice the machines have a lot of users already configured. Is there anywhere I can go to get documentation on the function or purpose of these users (for example, all the BOTUSER that I'm seeing?)

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

When you say "external FTP", do you mean a Public IP address? we usually connect the FTP server on the machine that VPNed into the lab.

I have not noticed those messages on the CUCM GUI. I will login to the environment and have a look. Interesting that you loose connection. do you have a current running reservation I can check?

If you goto the lab user guide in the information tab you will see the user and device information for the lab.

Joe

Hello Joseph,

Yes I mean a public IP address. I can set up an FTP server on the machine VPNing into the lab if that's my only option, but it's not my preferred method since we have public FTPs set up for this purpose (collecting CDR) already.

The messages I'm getting are being returned from my browser after my connection to the CUCM web interface fails. They aren't messages coming back from CUCM itself.

I do have a running reservation I can check, is there a secure way for me to send you the information? I can also set up a web conference to demonstrate my problem if that would help. Please let me know.

Joe

Hi,

I will need to check of the required ports are open to support public FTP access.

Yes it would be have a quick webex to discuss your issues. What time zone are you in? I am in GMT but we have support in multiple time zones.

Joe

I'm in EST US.

I can be available tomorrow from 8:00am to 9:45am EST, or after 1pm EST (which I think is 1pm to 2:45pm GMT or after 6pm GMT). Anything we could set up with anybody would be nice. I'm at a bit of a stand-still as a result of these issues.

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: