cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM System Requirements - 64GB RAM

awilki012
Level 1
Level 1

I read that 64GB RAM was the minimum requirement to run APIC-EM in a VM. I figured that was for a production system and I could get away with much less in a lab.

Does anyone have any experience running it on 32GB RAM? That is the max my motherboard will support. I currently have 16GB and that was just a brutal disk thrashing experience upon booting up - which, of course, I stopped trying after 10 minutes.

I don't want to upgrade to 32GB unless I know I at least have a chance of running it.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Adam Wilkins

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have it installed in my lab of very few devices (i.e., 4) with 40 GB of RAM.  It will not work with less RAM.

Thanks! So, I guess my next build will be with a motherboard that supports 64GB RAM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community