Views
Helpful
Replies

REM expert assist and audio BW requirement

cshiyou
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi REM team,

In REM design guide, we can find the Video BW data.

But, for audio and Expert assist session, there is nowhere to find the bandwidth requirement.

Do you have any reference data?

To deploy REM in customer network, cusotmer is asking us to calcuate the BW requirement in  video, audio only, video+Expert assist, audio + Expert assist sceanrios.

i think it is quite normal requirement in REM deployment.

if you guys have the data, please do share with us.

Yours

Alan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sarapaul
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

For Expert Assist the figures for specific applications and websites may vary, co-browse runs approx. 100 Kbps - 200 Kbps (document, image, file push aside). Be sure to test your own website or mobile application to ensure proper bandwidth allocation to your agents whether using voice & video and/or co-browse.

For audio only calls, in the absence of any official figures I would suggest using the table in http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/7934-bwidth-consume.html which is similar to what we saw in internal test results.

You will need to consider both channels of the call and using the "Bandwidth Ethernet" column figure from the table in the above document equates to:

G711 ~ 175 kbps
G729 ~ 63 kbps

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sarapaul
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

For Expert Assist the figures for specific applications and websites may vary, co-browse runs approx. 100 Kbps - 200 Kbps (document, image, file push aside). Be sure to test your own website or mobile application to ensure proper bandwidth allocation to your agents whether using voice & video and/or co-browse.

For audio only calls, in the absence of any official figures I would suggest using the table in http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/voice-quality/7934-bwidth-consume.html which is similar to what we saw in internal test results.

You will need to consider both channels of the call and using the "Bandwidth Ethernet" column figure from the table in the above document equates to:

G711 ~ 175 kbps
G729 ~ 63 kbps

Regards,

Why audio BW estimate is doubled and what are these both channels to consider? If Tx and Rx, then they are opposite direction, should not add up. Or I'm missing something?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: