cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OpenDNS Ask the Expert Intro - Barry Fisher

barfishe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey everyone. I'm Barry Fisher and part of OpenDNS's product team based in San Francisco. I can help answer any questions about OpenDNS Umbrella as well as how it fits in Cisco's security portfolio and your security stack. I can also help you compare Umbrella with other Cisco or 3rd-party products you may be considering. To ask a question in the community, simply click on the “start a discussion” link in the blue Actions box to your left. Looking forward to virtually meeting everyone!

4 Replies 4

atnitto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How does OpenDNS add value to the Threatgrid solution that we already have?

OpenDNS Umbrella has an integration with AMP Threat Grid. As hundreds of files are analyzed by Threat Grid every minute, any newly discovered malicious domains related to high-severity/confidence IOCs are pulled every few minutes by Umbrella. All Internet activity over any port or protocol destined to these domains can be now logged and blocked--both on and off the network. So as compromised systems are attempting to exfiltrate data, Umbrella is able to contain the command & control callbacks. And Umbrella can identify exactly which systems are compromised--whether they are minor or critical. Now your incident response team can prioritize remediating critical compromised systems with high-severity malware. You can learn more here: https://www.opendns.com/partners/technology-partners/cisco/.

Plus, while AMP Threat Grid shows the creation & evolution of malicious payloads and its relationships to other files, OpenDNS Investigate shows the creation & evolution of malicious infrastructures and its relationship to other domains.

trmclamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Barry - Can you help me understand how Umbrella connects with AMPs Beta Feature Visibility?

Hi Leamon - Umbrella integrates as one of the modules for Visibility, therefor it can help enrich the data displayed to a security investigator. Users are also provided with a response capability and can enforce custom domain blacklists from Visibility and pivot from Visibility to Investigate. Please feel free to review Visibility preview video at http://cs.co/ats-youtube