cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx XML API for CMR

spatildu
Level 1
Level 1

is there an API to capture the "leave meeting" event?

3 Replies 3

Dirk-Jan Uittenbogaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Suvarna,

We currently do not have API's providing information about meetings in progress.

DJ

Thanks DJ,

In that case is there an API to get the status of CMR?

The use case is, I have shared my CMR URL with another person. like - https://ciscosales.webex.com/meet/spatildu

Is there any API to check the status of this meeting?

If it is started?

Who have joined the meeting?

Is the meeting room locked?

the documentation : https://developer.cisco.com/site/webex-developer/develop-test/xml-api/reference/release-notes-8-0-sp11.gsp

says :

Enhancements to Collaboration Meeting Room (CMR) and Personal Room (PR) in user provisioning APIs

Description:

The provisioning APIs have been updated to support the Collaboration Meeting Room (CMR) feature for users. The Personal Room (PR) feature will automatically be available for all users. The API supports editing the PR Id and obtaining PR information.

But there is no information on the API which supports obtaining PR or CMR information.

Hello Suvarna,

The API's do not feature real-time meeting(room) status information.

However, I can get a email notification if somebody is in your Personal Room "lobby" without you being there.

example: Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 15.10.07 .png

This you configure in: My Webex / Preference / My Personal Room

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 15.12.12 .png

In my email client I have created a rule that sends an SMS to my cell phone if such emails notifications arrive.

in case I don't have access to an email client.

The API enhancement you shared is focussed around user provisioning (enabling CMR, enabling Personal Rooms).

You can poll users to see if they are enabled, not the real-time status of their 'rooms'.

It's always good to share as much as possible about the use-case. This helps others to think about alternatives.

Hope this helped you!

Cheers

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: