Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Manager service profiles for OpenStack Ironic

rajagast
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work for the OpenStack team and I'm a newbie to UCS Manager. I'm currently working on setting up Ironic bare-metal service on B-series blades that are managed by UCS Manager. How do I go about creating a service profile for the bare metal node that is later brought up using UCSM plugin for Ironic?

If any of you have done something similar, please get in touch with me. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Rajath

1 Reply 1

joemar
Level 4
Level 4

Rajath,

I can do an overview and walkthrough of UCSM for you so you can understand the architecture and how the Software Defined Compute layer interacts via Service Profiles.  I have been very focused on Microsoft technologies and do a lot with the PowerShell library for UCS to script out many functions.  We also have a Python library.  I am in the process of bringing myself up to speed on OpenStack so I'd love to use this as an opportunity to meet you, help you out and then maybe be able to ask you some OpenStack stuff in the future.  I'm in the directory.  Reach out to me and we can do a Webex!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card