Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Cisco Jabber making calls to each other

alex_lin0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have connected two Cisco Jabbers to the Collaboration Sandbox, and they are able to IM each other, but whenever I try to call each other, it says "call cannot be completed as dialed, please consult your directory..."

Do I need to have "presence" to make Jabber calls?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you making the calls by using the directory number (phone number) of each Jabber instance, or maybe are you using the sip URI?  I'm not sure the Collab sandboxes are setup out of the box to support URI dialing...if not, you could consult the CUCM admin guides to see how to enable it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you making the calls by using the directory number (phone number) of each Jabber instance, or maybe are you using the sip URI?  I'm not sure the Collab sandboxes are setup out of the box to support URI dialing...if not, you could consult the CUCM admin guides to see how to enable it.

Oops, I was using the wrong directory number (the phone directory vs the agent directory number)

However, I can't seem to make video calls. Is "Presence" required to make video calls? If so, is it the "Shared Endpoint" sandbox that I need to reserve?

Thank you

There is a presence server in the collaboration 11.0 and 10.5 labs. however, you can register your jabber client is phone mode only.

The Shared endpoint lab does support video calls over Jabber endpoints. However, you do not have admin access to the servers. You generate a device, DN and credentials and then you are instructed to connect to the lab and register your device. We also have expressway now available. This allows you to register a jabber client without connecting via VPN first. Let me know if you want to try it and I can send instructions.

Joe

>> The Shared endpoint lab does support video calls over Jabber endpoints. However, you do not have admin access to the servers

If I am not an admin then I cannot configure the system to do BIB. I am trying to use the BIB feature so that video call can be routed to our recorder. Is there a way to do that?

Alex

Alex,

In order to get admin access to backend UC servers, you need to book one of our dedicated UC sandboxes i.e. Collaboration 9.1, Colalboration 10.5 or Collaboration 11.0.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

My current understanding is that Collaboration 9.1, 10.5, and 11.0 does not support video calls,

Shared endpoint lab supports video calls, but I do not admin rights on the system, so I cannot configure BIB.

As a result, I cannot test video calls with BIB with any Sandbox. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you,

Alex

Alex,

Video calls over VPN are supported on the dedicated 9.1, 10.5 and 11.0 sandboxes. you will have admin access to these servers to configure whatever you need. there are also some preconfigured Jabber devices on the CUCM/CUP you can use. more details can be found in the instruction tab on the topology page.

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: