Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM Installation fails

SteffenT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having some issues with installing APIC-EM 1.0.1.30 on my HP DL380 G9 server with ESXi 5.5 U2.

The VM has been given 64GB RAM, 12 vCPU, 500GB Disk as recommended.

The installation seems to go fine and all the services is grown/harvested in Grapevine.

The grapevine control panel says:

apic-em-jboss-ejbca is in starting stateSuccessSuccessfully harvested service=apic-em-jboss-ejbca, version=0.9.5.2117

But the service isn't running in the overview.

apicem.PNG

It's been trying to start for several hours.

If I click the icon, the instance log loops through the following steps:

DEBUG | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Dev profile is null

TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | URI Endpoint received is http://169.254.0.223:16050/ |

TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Connecting to masterEndpoint http://169.254.0.223:16050/postgres/masterip |

DEBUG | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.database.HttpResponseHandler | Response from master is {"response":{"masterIP":"169.254.0.223"},"version":"1.0"} |

TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | masterip is StdResult [response=MasterIP [masterIP=169.254.0.223], version=1.0] |

TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Master ip is jdbc:postgresql://169.254.0.223:5432/campus |

TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Master IP found. Master IP is jdbc:postgresql://169.254.0.223:5432/campus |

INFO | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Updating DataSource to jdbc:postgresql://169.254.0.223:5432/campus |

We also see an error message on the console:

[grow_all_services:1027] Timeout while growing services (timeout=3600 seconds)

Config wizard completed with errors. Re-run the wizard and correct the errors

Needless to say, we've tried both the config wizard and installing the VM multiple times.

(Also quadruple checked the IP, NTP, DNS, GW settings, these are OK).

7 Replies 7

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this resolved ?

If not, can you ssh into APIC-EM and run "rca" command. Attached rca log ? The log file is big so may need to put it on box or dropbox.

Thanks !

Ganesh Babu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi is this issue solved, if not check whether the APIC-EM is reaching to internet. The services need internet at initial stage and try to give public ntp server. We had the same issue it was resolved once we made the apic em reachable to internet.

thanks,

patrick.diener
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same issues of services (especially the apic-em-jboss one) that stuck in starting state.

Installing the newest release 1.0.3.4 fixed this. No Internet or public NTP (I used our internal NTP) connection required.

Best regards

Patrick

i am facing a similar problem. not sure what to do.

Regards,

Vivek

ddeitsch1
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any luck here? I am experiencing the same issue with the inventory manager service...

nick.szilagyi
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue. When I attempt to run the topology service: (Postgres service is actually up too so not sure why it says it isnt?!)

ConnectionAgent Attempt # 13 2016-03-08 09:11:03,258 | TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Master ip is null. Postgres is still not up. Sleeping | 2016-03-08 09:11:13,217 | TRACE | main | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Sleeping 30000 ms at initialization | 2016-03-08 09:11:13,259 | TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Master ip is null. Postgres is still not up. Sleeping | 2016-03-08 09:11:23,260 | TRACE | ataSourceUpdatingRunnable | c.c.e.d.GrapevineEnabledDataSource | Master ip is null. Postgres is still not up. Sleeping |

What version you are running ?

APIC-EM GA1.1 is released. Maybe you can try this latest version.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286208072&softwareid=286291196&release=1.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest