cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CiscoCall.conference(Call[]) support on calls cross clusters?

iamjackbob1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohan,

I tested the JTAPI CiscoCall.conference(Call[])  on the multi CUCM clusters:

Conditions:

1. addressA1 and addressA2 are owned by clusterA;
  2. addressB is owned by clusterB

Test steps:

1. addressA1 ---(call) -->adddressB, and the call is answered. (there are 2 calls in different providers: call1A (on cluster1), and call1B (on clusterB);
  2. addressB ----(call)---> addressA2, and the call is answered. (there are 2 calls in different providers: call2A (on cluster1), and call2B (on clusterB);
  3. it failed to invoke bellows, error message is "Conference controller is not set and could not find a suitable TerminalConnection".

call1A.conference(new Call[] {call1B})

call1A.conference(new Call[] {call2A})

call2A.conference(new Call[] {call1A})

4. there is no error message when invoke call2A.conference(new Call[] {call2B}), but all calls will be terminated, no conference is established.

Does the above case is supported by JTAPI 9.1 (CUCM version is 9.1), or is there something wrong on my case?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

10 Replies 10

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Simon,

In this scenario Address B is the controller and the conference should be completed from Address B perspective using:

call1B.conference(call2B).

All other combinations will not succeed. To complete conference an address or a terminal should have 2 calls.

Can you try call1B.conference(call2B) and let me know?

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried with call1B.conference(call2B) and call1B.conference(new Call[] {call2B}), neither of them works.

both of them have the same behaviors:

the error message is com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Could not meet post conditions of call.conference(),

and the call1B/call1A has been dropped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

simon.

Are you able to manually conference the calls from IP phones?

Check the MRGL included for B and make sure that it contains a conf bridge.

Hi Mohan,

it does not work manually.

what's do you mean by MRGL ? And how to set conf bridge to an address (where is the document link)?

but following steps work for an conference on JTAPI and manually.

1. addressA1 ---(call) -->adddressB, and the call is answered. (there are 2 calls in different providers: call1A (on cluster1), and call1B (on clusterB);
  2. addressA1----(call)---> addressA2, and the call is answered. (there is call for it call2A)

then invoke call1A.conference(new Call[] {call2A}).

but the conference is established for addressA1 while addressB and addressA2 only have the calls.

Simon.

What are you expecting in this scenario? When conference is completed are A1, B and A2 able to hear each other?

What I expect is that when the call crosses cluster, how to make conference.

after I set the conference bridge for address A1, address A2 and address B, following works to establish an conference for address B's perspective , while not for address A1 and address A2's perspective:

Test steps:

2. addressB ----(call)---> addressA2, and the call is answered. (there are 2 calls in different providers: call2A (on cluster1), and call2B (on clusterB);
  3. invoke call1B.conference(call2B)

Simon

After step 3 A1, B and A2 should be connected to conference resource registered to cluster B and all of them should be able to hear each other.

From JTAPI call model perspective A1 will see a call with connections to A1 and B. A1 will not see all the participants in the call.

Same with A2. Call on A2 will have 2 connections - A2 and B. Since the conference controller is on a different cluster A2 will not see all the conference participants but they should be able to hear each other.

Hi Mohan,

As the above, after I set the conference bridge, it almost satisfies my exceptions.

More queries about the above case, how to make the triple sides have the same result (I mean, how to let the conference be established for all participants' perspectives, not only for the controller address?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Hi Mohan,

You reply so fast. not saw you response before I sent the above item.

So do you mean that there is no way to establish the conference for all participants' perspectives?

JTAPI does not support it, right?

Simon

I don't know of any trunks that would update the other side with conference participant list. If all the participants are registered to the same cluster then all parties will have the conference participant list. If parties are across trunks only controller will have it.

In your successful scenario all participants are in conference but don't have access to conference participant list. Cisco JTAPI support for conference participant list is for parties in the same cluster.