cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

addPhone CAPF settings mandatory since CUCM 10.5?

sebastianwagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we're evaluating our provisioning tool with CUCM 10.5 (upgrading from Version 9.1) and we are facing an issue with our CAPF Settings. The methods we used to provision in CUCM 9.1 seem not to work anymore.

"While Certificate Operation is either Install/Upgrade, Delete or Troubleshoot, it is mandatory to provide values for Authentication Mode and Key Size for addPhone request"

As per my understanding Authentication Mode and Key Size refer to values that derives from a Phone Security Profile. With CUCM 9.1 they were not mandatory.

Has anyone experienced this too?

API Version 9.0 (unchanged)

Regards

Sebastian

4 Replies 4

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error are you receiving?  I can use AXL addPhone without the certificate tags and it works okay for me on 10.5.1.  For example, I remove the following tags and addPhone works without problems:

<certificateOperation>Install/Upgrade</certificateOperation>
<authenticationMode>By Null String</authenticationMode>
<keySize></keySize>
<authenticationString></authenticationString>

"While Certificate Operation is either Install/Upgrade, Delete or Troubleshoot, it is mandatory to provide values for Authentication Mode and Key Size for addPhone request"

This is the exact error I'm receiving.

Until CUCM 10.5 this worked for me:

<upgradeFinishTime>2016:01:29:09:40</upgradeFinishTime>

authenticationMode and keySize derive from the Phone Security Profile used with the phone and therefore they are not mandatory.

Okay, I misunderstood what you were trying to do.  Yes, if you're going to include a certificateOperation, then you must include all the related fields, not just the <certificateOperation>, even if the values for the other fields are blank.  The fields are mandatory now. I'm not sure if this was a 10.x change or a 10.5.x change, but I suspect it was 10.x.  I'll check and modify this post if I can find out.

<authenticationMode>By Null String</authenticationMode>
<keySize></keySize>
<authenticationString></authenticationString>

Thank you so much.

Though I do not understand this change of behavior I'll ask our developers to add the affected lines in their provisioning. Unfortunately authenticationMode and keySize differ due to different phone types (Therefore Phone Security Profiles...)

Sebastian