Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Conductor - No confirmation tone for audio participants

nchandran
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

We currently run VCS 8.6 / Virtual Telepresence Server 4.01 / Telepresence Conductor 3.0 / TMS 14.6 / ISDN Gateway 3241 . We have Rendezvous and Scheduled conference configured  on the system, however when we installed the system (about a year ago) we discovered that any audio participants coming in via the ISDN gateway into a rendezvous room (CMR) would be prompted by the system to enter the relevant PIN's etc. After putting in the right PIN there is no audio confirmation from the system notifying users they have been successfully connected to the meeting. I know at the time this was a known issue, just wondering whether this is still the case or whether there is some way around this now. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Navin

11 Replies 11

ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let me check on this, I don't think we have made progress on this.....it is in our backlog to add to the product though....

Ron Lewis

Cisco

This feature is very important to us too. We have two deployments and both customers are little confused with this behavior...

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your response. We would really like to see this feature implemented, we have customers that still get confused by the 'silence' when they enter a conference via audio. Is this something that could be on a roadmap for this scenario?.

Cheers

We are working on audio only join/exit tones.....for CY16.......coming soon.....Is the question more for the person joining audio only to know they joined ok, or more for others that can't see the audio only user, no video, hears someone joined?

Ron Lewis

Cisco

More important for us is the audio when person is joining to conference.

For the person joining to know they are in the meeting or for others to know someone has joined?

Ron Lewis

Product Manager, CVTG

Hello all,

Just wondering whether there has been any update on this. Im getting a lot of clients asking for this feature to be added in

Navin

Hi Ron,

It is more the confirmation tone for the person dialing via audio confirming that they have joined the conference successfully i.e. 'You have now joined the conference' or even a confirmation tone . Something other than dead silence if in case there is no one else in the room .

Hope this makes sense

Navin

Greglowe13291
Level 1
Level 1

Is this still not a included feature? November 2016...

TS 4.4 supports entry/exit tones, have to configure via advanced parms in Conductor to useā€¦.not in Conductor GUI as an checkbox optionā€¦

Ron Lewis

Product Manager, CVTG

As Ron mentioned, this feature is added in TelePresence Server version 4.4, refer to the TelePresence Server 4.4 Release Notes on how to configure audio entry/exit tones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: