cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InvalidStateException when trying to answer a call.

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

Call scenario is:

1. 6011 calls route point 6054
  2. Treatment is given on 6054
  3. Call is redirected from 6054 to 6002
  4. Call rings at 6002
  5. CallAnswerRequest is attempted on 6002
  6. Result is InvalidStateExceptionImpl

GCID is 590806.

CiscoJtapi_1_1.log attached.

Important info:

• 6011 is shared across multiple terminals.
  • Problem only happens if treatment is done on 6054 before redirecting.

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Not seeing a successful response from CTIManager for answer request. You may need to raise a case with Cisco Dev Support and give them CTI and CM logs.

The answer request and response is here:

3559: May 08 12:28:07.251 PDT %JTAPI-PROTOCOL-7-UNK:(P1-135.17.64.10) [Thread-118] sending: com.cisco.cti.protocol.CallAnswerRequest {

sequenceNumber       = 220

lineCallManagerID    = 1

lineID               = 26070

callLegCallManagerID = 1

callLegID            = 19186915

mediaDeviceName      =

mediaResourceId      = 0

}

3560: May 08 12:28:07.267 PDT %JTAPI-PROTOCOL-7-UNK:(P1-135.17.64.10) received Response: com.cisco.cti.protocol.FailureResponse {

sequenceNumber = 220

result         = -1932787643

description    =

}

3561: May 08 12:28:07.267 PDT %JTAPI-JTAPI-7-UNK:[[SEP8478ACED1855/[6002::1/(P1-qauser) GCID=(1,590806)->ACTIVE]->ALERTING]->RINGING]InvalidStateExceptionImpl caught: Operation not available in current state

i saw that and that is the un-successful response from CTI I mentioned in my last post. Is this happening on one phone or are you seeing this on multiple phones?

My guess is both speaker phone and headset are disabled for this phone.

It happens on more than one phone Mohan. I  don't think it's the speaker or headset since the problem only happens if treatment is done on 6054 before redirecting.  The same call flow without treatment works fine.  Call answers as expected.  And it only happens for shared lines.  I wonder if it may be related to to DND-R setting.

Are you able to answer the call on the phone?  I will take another look at the log.

Yes the call can be answered on the phone.

Give some sleep before answering the call (e.g. Thread.sleep(20)) then try.

Regards,

Umesh

I don't understand the logic behind this Umesh.  There already is lots of delay since it is not sent until after the phone is ringing.  And we don't have this in any of the thousands of other calls.  I think it's related to some bug in CUCM, possibly DND-R.

The caller DN is shared on the device where it is getting answered. So the device has a remote in use call from the caller side as well as the 'ringing' call. I think this is tripping CTI.

Changes might be needed in CallManager service to fix this.

Thanks Mohan.  What are the next actions steps?

This needs mode investigation. You can raise a case with dev support team.

You can avoid this if there is no shared line between calling and answering device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: