Views
Helpful
Replies

how to set the volume of Cisco jabber

chao guo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I met a problem when I using the web jabber to develop the function of phone call, I set the volume of web jabber in the code of sample.js like the following

1.png

and invoke the method of "speakerVolumeClick,ringerVolumeClick,microphoneVolumeClick" in the end of the method "jabberSDKReady" .

2.png

but when phone call is connected, the volume of called hear the caller voice from web jabber is small, Does any configuration to set the volume of cisco web jabber?

thanks a lot

6 Replies 6

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From a quick test, it appears that the Jabber SDK volume settings do not control the overall system volume level, but rather the percentage of volume output from the SDK plugin.

E.g. if the system volume is at 100%, and the SDK volume is at 50%, you would hear 50% volume.  But if the system volume is at 10%, and the SDK volume is at 50%, you would effectively hear only 5% volume - i.e. 50% of the system volume output.

Does this match your observations?

thanks for reply, my observations like the following:

my system is win 10, the system volume is 100%, when the jabber call is connected, I heard the voice from jabber is very loud, and suddenly the voice is very small until end of the phone call.

So the output from Jabber seems to change (much lower) on its own during the course of the call?  How long into the call does this change occur?  Could you attach a video recording of what you're seeing?

about one second the voice from the jabber changed to lower

MastahBates
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like a Windows issue whereby the output volume will automatically change if the operating system detects microphone activity and lowers the output from the speakers to cater for the microphone reducing feedback.

Try altering this on your operating system:

Control Panel > Sound

Communications tab and select "Do Nothing"

I had an issue when listening to music and I was typing on my keyboard, the audio would go quieter everytime I typed until I changed this setting.

I hope this helps!

thanks a lot, I will try this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: