Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Reporting question

vladpetra
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am writing my first custom report for one of our customers. I wrote several lines, saved the function and decided to test it. I am able to CALL the function from my informix consul with "CALL my('2015')", but when I am trying to execute it on the CUIC, it alerts with "Dataset status is Failed (Database error)"

I am not sure if the value is correct when I am creating parameters in CUIC

My function is really basic. I am attaching a file with the function.

I am using a INT parameter, so the user will be able to input just a year, which based on the function will create the report.

I would be thankful for any advice

Best regards,

Vladislav

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will never believe it. It seems that there is some kind of BUG. When I was entering 2015 to get information about this year, I was getting an error, the one that I've mentioned. But then I decided to check 2014, and guess what...it worked.

I've added a parameter for a month, since our client would like to do it per month.

I want to thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

1 - you should be using a procedure, not a function.

2 - -206 is "Table not found", it makes no sense to drop the temp table if that is the case.  Actually you don't really need a temp table, you can just do a select and RETURN WITH RESUME.

Thank you for your reply.

1 - I was based on the current situation in CUIC and UCCX. I started with function because all other default reports using function.

2 - Again, this is just in case of error, as I was able to understand. I've copied these lines from other function which comes with UCCX/CUIC by default.

The problem is that currently I am able to execute the function from my console. But when I am trying to execute it on CUIC, it doesn't go through and bring the error.

I am not totally familiar with how UCCX does reporting, I am aware that all of their stock reports use procedures - or functions.  A function should be used when producing a single value - select MAX(some value) from table, for example.  A procedure should be used in the case where you are returning multiple rows from a dataset - totally besides the point.

You should be able to write your report without any middle-step.  In the Report Definition, make it a "Anonymous Block" and merely type in your query like:

SELECT callednumber, startdatetime, enddatetime
FROM ContactCallDetail
WHERE YEAR(startdatetime) IN (:p_year);

press the "Create Parameters" button, it will default p_year to a STRING, change that to a decimal.  Then "Create Fields" and you should be off and running.

Regards,

Jack Parker

I am currently trying to make it with "Anonymous Block" as well, since I couldn't run the function correctly.

The problem is that the final "result" will have a lot of calculations. The function that I provided is just the first step.

You are missing a semi-colon after the "END FOREACH", see if that solves your problem.

There is a lot of math you can do within CUIC, if you give me some idea of what your'e trying to accomplish, perhaps I can help.

Regards,

Jack Parker

I am trying to replicate the MTD TSF Summery Report. Our customer asked to include just Monday to Friday between 8:30 to 4:30. But he would like to have a report for answered calls within 30 seconds and another report for calls which had been answered after 30 seconds. Another report for calls which had not been answered.

I assume MTD stands for Month To Date, what does TSF stand for?

Regards,

Jack Parker

I am not sure. This is one of the existing reports and it uses "sp_csq_interval" function

I've got it.  You sure picked a doozy.

Regards,

Jack Parker

You will never believe it. It seems that there is some kind of BUG. When I was entering 2015 to get information about this year, I was getting an error, the one that I've mentioned. But then I decided to check 2014, and guess what...it worked.

I've added a parameter for a month, since our client would like to do it per month.

I want to thank you for your help.

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

I'll see if I can dig that up.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Thank you very much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: