cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallCtlConnDialingEv.getDigits() always returns null

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

This is a simple internal call from one DN to another.  Everything works.  However, I notice that CallCtlConnDialingEv.getDigits() always returns null which makes it a somewhat useless event.

I've tried both a manual and CTI calls with the same result.

The CTI calls are done using:

• call = provider.createCsall()
  • call.connect(...)

Is there some JTAPI/CUCM configuration needed to provide the dialed digits?  If not, what are the conditions for getting useful info from getDigits()?  Anything else I may be missing?

Thanks,
Derrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If application is calling connect API it already knows the dialed digits. If there a second app observing the same device which needs it, i don't think there is a way to find the digits in dialing state.

JTAPI 1.2 spec says getDigits() - should return the digits that have already been dialed.  It doesn't indicate that CallCtlConnDialingEv should be delivered for each digit and or that CallCtlConnDialingEv should be at the end of all dialed digits which is not deterministic (until inter digit timeout). So the definition of getDigits() itself is a little fuzzy.

In Cisco JTAPI this API is not implemented and would return null.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

getDigits() is not implemented the way it is defined in the specification. You best alternative would be to use CiscoTermButtonPressedEv by enabling the corresponding filter in CiscoTermEvFilter.

Thanks Mohan.

CiscoTermButtonPressedEv would only help for manual calls (and not CTI calls), correct?  We need both.

Could you explain the functionality of getDigits(), or point me to where I could find this info?

If application is calling connect API it already knows the dialed digits. If there a second app observing the same device which needs it, i don't think there is a way to find the digits in dialing state.

JTAPI 1.2 spec says getDigits() - should return the digits that have already been dialed.  It doesn't indicate that CallCtlConnDialingEv should be delivered for each digit and or that CallCtlConnDialingEv should be at the end of all dialed digits which is not deterministic (until inter digit timeout). So the definition of getDigits() itself is a little fuzzy.

In Cisco JTAPI this API is not implemented and would return null.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: