cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webservice issue

Susan Parker
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to connect to a webservice in Studio 10.5 using the standard Webservice element.  I have the wsdl loaded and the request and response configured.  The calls  exit out the error path and I can't determine if it's the wsdl itself or something with CVP.  I have enabled debugging logs in CVP for my application and have enabled  debugging to the console but I'm still not getting helpful information.  Any tips on how I can get more detailed logging around  the webservice element?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Susan,

You should get some details in the logs. Have you checked the error logs?

Did the WDSL load correctly in the CVP Studio?

If you cannot find anything, I often use wireshark to troubleshoot lots of different things.

It can tell you if its a application, network or configuration issue often without having to look at any other logs.

Best used in a test environment.

In this case, if you put wireshark on the vxml server. Start capture, Make a call , stop wireshark and put a wireshark filter of "tcp.port==80" as in the below.

You can then right click and Follow TCP Stream, so see what was sent / received.

if no http is been sent by the VXML server perhaps the VXML server cannot resolve the hostname etc, i.e. maybe it was available from the CVP Studio Machine, but not from the VXML server? DNS / Firewall issue?

wireshark.png

Gerry

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Susan,

You should get some details in the logs. Have you checked the error logs?

Did the WDSL load correctly in the CVP Studio?

If you cannot find anything, I often use wireshark to troubleshoot lots of different things.

It can tell you if its a application, network or configuration issue often without having to look at any other logs.

Best used in a test environment.

In this case, if you put wireshark on the vxml server. Start capture, Make a call , stop wireshark and put a wireshark filter of "tcp.port==80" as in the below.

You can then right click and Follow TCP Stream, so see what was sent / received.

if no http is been sent by the VXML server perhaps the VXML server cannot resolve the hostname etc, i.e. maybe it was available from the CVP Studio Machine, but not from the VXML server? DNS / Firewall issue?

wireshark.png

Gerry

Hi gorourke,

I too face the same problem.My Error logs are empty.I cant use wireshark.Is there any other possibility to troubleshoot

Sowmiya