Views
Helpful
Replies

Force Deleting of logged in DeviceProfiles

doerk.leuschner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

in our application we use the AXL-Interface for administration of Device Profiles. We have the problem, that there is no chance to delete a Device Profile which is logged in on any device.

Question: Is there a way to force deleting of Device Profiles, whether they are in use or not? How can I get the information on which devices the  specific Device Profile is in use? May be the AXL executeSQLQuery-Tag is useful?

Has anybody an idea?

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out the Extension Mobility API, which provides the ability to query for status and logged in users/profiles, as well as to perform login/logout operations on their behalf:

Cisco DevNet: Extension Mobility API (EMAPI)

Thanks for answer, nice API.

The problem is, that our application only uses the AXL-Interface (10.5) until now. I have found "doDeviceLogout" in the AXL-API to do logout functionality for a device.

Now I only need the information on which devices a DeviceProfile is in use or a user is logged in to call the "doDeviceLogout"-function of AXL-API first and then delete the DeviceProfile. The Cisco-Core could do an internal logout if somebody tries to delete a DeviceProfile (AXL: removeDeviceProfile) which is in use, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Is there a way to get the needed information by AXL-API (AXL: get???, list????, query???) calls?

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can get at this info via SQL, i.e. AXL <executeSqlQuery>, see the table 'extensionmobilitydynamic'

OK, I'm using the AXL <executeSqlQuery> with a special query on extensionmobilitydynamic table joined with other tables.

Thanks for answering my question here.