cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to dis-assoicate and re-assoicate a device to an App user ?.

r.boloor.rao
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to AXL need some help. We face issue in contact center of Agents login failure with error 12005 . Usual trick is to dis-assoicate the phone from PG user and re-associate. Need to develop a script (AXL) to perform the same. which method should be used for this ?.

Thanks in Advance.

4 Replies 4

TDoan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raghavendra,

You can use AXL addUser,updateUser to associate or disassociate a device.

I hope this would help you.

Regards

Thuy Doan

I think update user lets you add device to users but not remove. If I have to use that then I have to delete user then add user and update user with all the device name. I can not do this as I need to run this script during prod hours at contact center. I can not delete the PG User which would result in all the phones to dis-associate.

<updateUser> allows you to specify a new list of <associatedDevices> (wherein you can have added or removed individual devices), however I believe the way this gets implemented is that the system first removes all associated devices, and then immediately re-associates all the devices in the newly provied list.  This could have undesired effects, though might bear some testing.

One other possibility would be to use <executeSqlUpdate> to directly remove and re-add just the single desired user<->device association from the 'enduserdevicemap' table.  (Generally, database triggers will cause the system to affect the real-time changes needed to reflect such direct database manipulations, however sometimes those notifications are handled in the AXL layer - you may need to test to see this behaves as desired.)

thedd
Level 1
Level 1

I would built the XMl like this:

<userid>$UserID</userid>

<associatedDevices><device>$CSF/Jabber</device></associatedDevices>

<phoneProfiles>

<profileName>$userDeviceProfile</profileName>

</phoneProfiles>   

<ctiControlledDeviceProfiles>

<profileName>$userDeviceProfile</profileName>

</ctiControlledDeviceProfiles>

If you leave the part $CSF/Jabber or $userDeviceProfile empty it will be disassociated
If you recall the XML with the correct parameter set to this tags it will be associated again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: