cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Version 7.1.5.20000-6 / Cisco MCS 7800 Series Media Convergence Server.

constableval67
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Whilst working in Cisco Unity Connection Administration - There is an extension number I am trying to recreate after it was deleted, but it keeps telling me the extension number is already assigned to a User in the partition.

I have tried every search tool available on the system (so i believe), however the ext number can not be found.

I've tried a User / Extension search / Bulk Edit Utility - Users with voice mail / All the search  options available in the tool.

My Question,

Is there any other search tool i can use to find the rough ext number in the system.

Thanks Val.

3 Replies 3

avaid
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Val,

TAC has some tools which can find more details, kindly open a TAC case and they can help with this.

I also wanted to add , 7.1.5 is End of support and it is highly recommended you upgrade to 9.x or later version of CUC.

thanks

Jason Bree
Level 1
Level 1

Download CUDLE from ciscounitytools.com.  You can use the query builder to run the following search

This query returns a user associated with an extension or alternate extension. Connect to UnityDIRDB1. IDINDEX field determines extension type.

Select vw_subscriber.Alias,tbl_dtmfaccessid.dtmfaccessid,tbl_dtmfaccessid.idindex

From vw_subscriber, tbl_dtmfaccessid

where tbl_dtmfaccessid.dtmfaccessid = 'XXXXXXX' and tbl_dtmfaccessid.Parent_GlobalUserObjectId=vw_subscriber.objectid

Thanks

Jason

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

As well as the other excellent suggestions from Jason and Aman, you might change the search parameters to Search by partition, choose your vm partition and make sure that the alternate extensions radio button is selected. I've found a number of mystery extensions that way when they've been assigned as an alternate extension.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: