Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify CAPF using SQL request

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Does a modification of the CAPF fields by using an SQL request will have the same effect on the device than a modification of the CAPF field by using the updatePhone AXL request?

In fact I want to manage the fields "ecKeySize" and "keyOrder" of a CUCM 11 using the AXL 9.

Thanks,

Fabien

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The UCM database is designed so that many/most DB changes kickoff triggers that eventually communicate with running UCM processes to affect the changes - so there is the possibility that what you're describing might work.  However, the full set of DB triggers vs. AXL layer functionality is not documented, so you may need to do some testing to find out the actual behaviour.  Note that the behaviour could change for new releases (though this is rare.)

In general it is safer to use AXL requests when you can, as that is the formally supported interface where backward compatibility is maintained.

Thank you for the answer. I will try to use the AXL request to change the CAPF fields.

For information, when I do an updatePhone with several fields including the ecKeySize, this field is not modified in the CUCM. If the request concerns only the CAPF fields, the ecKeySize is well modified... So I need to do two "updatePhone" requests: one with the fields except CAPF and one only with the CAPF fields.

Thanks,

Fabien

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: