cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API Create Training Session With Attendee Cancellation Enabled

asanders11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am working with the WebEx API to automate the creation of training sessions. The problem I am running into is I cannot seem to enable the registration of an attendee to be cancelled. In WebEx, when you create a training session, you can select a radio button under the Registration section that allows attendees to cancel their registration a certain amount of time before the session starts. What is the equivalent section in the XML call that would allow me to enable this and set that time? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

mifierro
Level 4
Level 4

Greetings! By default, attendees can be deleted up until the point that a meeting starts. As an alternative, you could create your own functionality to check to see how close a meeting is, and then use DelMeetingAttendee to delete the attendee if the date is within your time peiod.

Thank you Michael for you response. Although your response is helpful, I am actually looking to see how to enable attendees the ability to cancel their registration themselves. The way it happens without using the API and using WebEx proper is the attendee will get an email when they register for a session and in that email will be a link that allows the attendee themselves to cancel their registration.

To enable this we can select a radio button in the schedule training session window next to the label "Attendee can cancel registration" if allowed you can set the days, hours, and minuets before the session starts where this options is available.

I am trying to enable this using the API that way we can automate the creation of training sessions.

Thank you again for your help.

Thank you for the clarification. I searched through all of our documentation and performed a number of tests; unfortunately, I can confirm that the API does not provide this functionality.

You could probably build a work-around solution, though, using a custom email template. Since you will have the meeting key and the attendee ID, you can construct a link which you could add into an email. The link would call the DelMeetingAttendee function using the appropriate userid and meeting id.