Views
Helpful
Replies

API Features

sebastian.shaw
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I am currently looking at which API I should use within my business/website. Could you please confirm whether or not the webex API can provide the following features: 1. Can you join or host the webex API conference from a mobile or land line phone and via a website? Is there a different cost for computer to computer conferences? 2. Does the webex API have the option for screen sharing in its conferences? 3. Can you retrieve a time stamp and know when each of the members of a conference have joined and left etc? 4. Can you send text messages through the the webex API ?
Kind regards,
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The WebEx meeting service APIs cannot initiate a dial-out, however it is possible to programmatically join a WebEx session on mobile devices through the WebEx mobile app. The API for host to join a session on a traditional computer includes functionality for automatically sharing an open application. Beyond that, however, WebEx API is not capable of controlling in meeting functionality, such as live view of attendee list or text message invite.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The WebEx meeting service APIs cannot initiate a dial-out, however it is possible to programmatically join a WebEx session on mobile devices through the WebEx mobile app. The API for host to join a session on a traditional computer includes functionality for automatically sharing an open application. Beyond that, however, WebEx API is not capable of controlling in meeting functionality, such as live view of attendee list or text message invite.

Hi Nathan

if possible can you please let me know a WebEx XML API that can be used to get the list of the registered people for a specific event like the registration report.

Thanks in advance

Abhay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: