cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing: UC upgrade to 11.x

Gaurav Singhal
Level 5
Level 5

Customer has 4 x CUCM/CUC clusters globally with 9.x licenses pooled into 1 ELM. We are spinning up PLM 11 in preparation for upgrade to 11 for one cluster at a time. What is the best way to get license for new PLM11? They do have unused license on ELM 9. Can we convert those unused license to 11 and put it on PLM 11? Want to avoid any production impact and temporary licenses.

thanks

Gaurav Singhal

CCIE Collaboration # 27496

2 Replies 2

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gaurav,

I'd recommend first upgrading your ELM instance to PLM11 (so that it continues to provide compliance for your v9 clusters.) Your v11 upgrade licenses should be delivered in a partial fulfilment PAK (either via PUT if you have SWSS/UCSS or CCW if you don't).  You can then just apply license upgrades from this PAK as you gradually migrate your clusters- you don't have to migrate everything in the PAK at once.

Hope that helps.

Andy

I did not see an option to upgrade user licenses via PUT. So I sent an email to licensing with contract and SO# and they are telling me old licenses will have to be invalidated. That is exactly what I was trying to avoid. It does not sound right to me that customer will have to invalidate production licenses to prepare for an upgrade they are entitled for. I guess I'll have to get them temp licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: