cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

agent login in server to server scenario - what credentials to use?

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Just getting my feet wet with the REST API. After solving the HTTP version issue (extracting data works in HTTP 1.1 mode but apparently PUT'ing doesn't.. what's up with that? especially as all the responses are HTTP 1.1 as well), I'm now trying my first user login, and I'm being told

<ApiErrors>

<ApiError>

<ErrorType>Invalid Authorization User Specified</ErrorType>

<ErrorData>testuser</ErrorData>

<ErrorMessage>The user specified in the authentication credentials and the uri don't match</ErrorMessage>

</ApiError>

</ApiErrors>

Of course they don't match.. I want to use the admin account.. after all I may not know the user's credentials (in this case the user is integrated so I really don't know his or her password). How to solve this conundrum? I can't possibly know the user's credentials in a server to server app - that would be a major security risk.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I haven't tried actual login/logout yet as this terminates any active connections, but I found that I can use the credentials of a supervisor to set the agent state of all members in the team where the supervisor is a supervisor.

Data extracting itself (e.g. user) also works with the admin credentials.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I haven't tried actual login/logout yet as this terminates any active connections, but I found that I can use the credentials of a supervisor to set the agent state of all members in the team where the supervisor is a supervisor.

Data extracting itself (e.g. user) also works with the admin credentials.

I think you already figured this out, but the only user authorized to login a user is the user itself. You are correct that after the user is logged in, the supervisor can change the agent's state to ready, not ready, and logout.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: