Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a Yocto Image for Testing

nathan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I would like to create my own Yocto image tor test purposes, especially with LXC containers.

I can use the Yocto Quick Start and the Yocto Build Appliance.

When running the build appliance, which is a menu driven system for creating images, I can choose options such as:

• profile - qemux86-64
  • recipe - core-mage-base

With the goal of creating an image that I can then run on OS X with Qemu tools installed via Homebrew.

I have started a project for that here: GitHub - DevOps4Networks/iox-yocto-build: Build scripts for a Yocto image for IOx

At this stage, I don't know what the actual recipe is for the Yocto image on the 829 though. Can you tell me what that is please?

Many thanks

Nathan

3 Replies 3

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

For how to create Yocto image for IOx, it will come soon with documentation. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Stev

Checking in ... :-)

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Basically Cisco provides the IOx SDK to generated application packages including VM, PaaS and LXC style applications. Here is the reference: https://developer.cisco.com/site/iox/documents/developer-guide/?ref=quickstart and go to the yocto and SDK part for details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: