Helpful
Replies

Adding Roles to CUCM via AXL

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

CUCM 10.5.2SU2

I've looked through the CUCM AXL WSDL and I can't find a call to add/modify/change CUCM roles.

The screen is User Management > User Settings > Role

Is there an AXL call that allows me to add/change/delete entries on this screen?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dug into the AXL API/WSDL along with Serviceability, UDS, PAWS, etc., and it looks to me like the web UI is the only way to add and modify roles.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dug into the AXL API/WSDL along with Serviceability, UDS, PAWS, etc., and it looks to me like the web UI is the only way to add and modify roles.

For assigning built-in/standard roles to users, see the <updateUserGroup> request.

Nick is correct that there are no stand-alone AXL requests for creating entirely new roles (as is possible via the UI.)  You may be able to accomplish this via AXL using <executeSqlUpdate>, however.  The following tables appear to be involved:

functionrole - stores the names/pkid/description of all roles

functionroledirgroupmap - stores the mapping of roles to user groups (groups are stored in dirgroup)

functionroleresourcemap - stores the mapping of roles to controlled resources (resources are stored in typeresource)

Joseph Jacobs
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks both for your responses.  That's what I thought, but I thought I'd ask the community.

I believe I can also create custom roles via a TAR ball, but that's still the GUI.

Thanks dstaudt, I did know about the updateUserGroup command to assign roles to users.

Is there a process to request an AXL call be added for the ROLES menu?

Thanks,

Joe

We'll pass along the request.  Let us know if you need help in attempting to implement via SQL...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: