Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Service Application - Pushing screen updates

Prabhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We have a service application that is running on phone it works as follows.

1. Phone shows service application.

2. Call arrives and the user clicks on green button to answer the call.

3. The screen changes from service plane to the call plane from where the user can do transfer, end-call, hold etc.

4. At this point, we would like to push a screen update to the service application. We currently send CiscoIPPhoneExecute with the URL of service application.

5. As a result, the URL in CiscoIPPhoneExecute get's invoked by the phone and the screen again toggles from call plane to the application plane.

We don't want the screen to change from call tab to service application tab automatically but rather the service application should be updated from the URL in background and call tab should remain in focus. May I know how this can be achieved?

The auto-refresh is pull based and we want the solution to be based on pushing content to phone.

Thanks,

Prabhu

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think you will be able to push an Execute URL page and have it update only in the background - as you describe, it will always come to the foreground.

You may want to investigate using the onAppFocusGained event handler to have the page pull an update as soon as it regains focus however - see the 'Application Event Handlers' section of the IP Phone Services developer guide.

Thanks for the solution. Please refer the commented line in attached code sample that uses 'Notify' URL for the focus gained event. You can deploy this JSP in Tomcat like other examples. The URL format in the code is as per specification in IP Phone Services developer guide.

The problem is the application does not receive any notification from the phone if the URL format is "Notify" which seems to do HTTP POST. However if for the eventHandler the URL format is changed to normal HTTP format, then notification is received and the phone again refreshes based on the response issued by application (HTTP GET from phone).

The Notify URL format seems to be correct since it works in SoftKeyItem ('Notify' button).

I've tested this in Cisco IP Communicator CIPC_8-6-5-0

May I know what needs to be fixed in the above code so that it works as per documentation?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: