mshadbol
Level 1
Level 1

When I export the user list to s/sheet, I see the following fields:

STShareView

SCShareView

STShareColor

SCShareColor

I'd like to be able to set these values via the CreateUser XML API, however I can't find them within the Schemas.

Could someone please direct me where to look, or advise what config I'd need to add to my CreateUser API request to configure these fields?

We have 50,000+ users in the user list, and we're trying to make all users (basically) the same.

Thanks in advance,

-Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mifierro
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for the question! The schema elements you are looking for  are under remoteAccess (STShare) and remoteSupport (SCShare). An example of what to add to your code is:

<remoteAccess>

<sharingColor>256</sharingColor>

<sharingView>FS_SCALE</sharingView>

</remoteAccess>

<remoteSupport>

</remoteSupport>

Note that if smartTech is not enabled on your site, you will receive the following error and the user will not be created:

<serv:result>FAILURE</serv:result>
<serv:reason>The site does not support SMARTtech
</serv:reason>

You can find more information about these options by searching for "sharingColor" or "sharingView" in the XML API documentation.

--
Michael Fierro
mifierro@cisco.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mifierro
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for the question! The schema elements you are looking for  are under remoteAccess (STShare) and remoteSupport (SCShare). An example of what to add to your code is:

<remoteAccess>

</remoteAccess>

<remoteSupport>

</remoteSupport>

Note that if smartTech is not enabled on your site, you will receive the following error and the user will not be created:

<serv:result>FAILURE</serv:result>
<serv:reason>The site does not support SMARTtech
</serv:reason>

You can find more information about these options by searching for "sharingColor" or "sharingView" in the XML API documentation.

--
Michael Fierro
mifierro@cisco.com

Michael,

(At the risk of looking foolish...) Could you please direct me to exactly where I can find this in the documentation?

I've searched within this guide - https://developer.cisco.com/site/webex-developer/develop-test/xml-api/api-guide/

but haven't had any luck, using either of the search terms you suggest. And I've tried scanning all the schema files and can't find them there either.

Would you mind be more specific about where to find this info please??

Many thanks,

-Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: