cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the SQL request to get ILS role value ?

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I want to read the ILS role value using an SQL request. The other values of ILS configuration are stored in the table "featureconfig" but the "role" seems not be in this table.

Thanks,

Fabien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think it may work like this:

• If the Enterprise Parameter 'Cluster ID' = 'StandAloneCluster' then role is Stand Alone Cluster
  • If 'Cluster ID' != 'StandAloneCluster' and featureconfig:tkfeatureconfig=6 (Intercluster Lookup Service) and featureconfig:featurename='IsHubCluster' and featureconfig:value=True, then role is Hub Cluster
  • If 'Cluster ID' != 'StandAloneCluster' and featureconfig:tkfeatureconfig=6 (Intercluster Lookup Service) and featureconfig:featurename='IsHubCluster' and featureconfig:value=False, then role is Spoke Cluster

See here for details on reading Enterprise Service Parameters: Get Enterprise Parameters, Service Parameters?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think it may work like this:

• If the Enterprise Parameter 'Cluster ID' = 'StandAloneCluster' then role is Stand Alone Cluster
  • If 'Cluster ID' != 'StandAloneCluster' and featureconfig:tkfeatureconfig=6 (Intercluster Lookup Service) and featureconfig:featurename='IsHubCluster' and featureconfig:value=True, then role is Hub Cluster
  • If 'Cluster ID' != 'StandAloneCluster' and featureconfig:tkfeatureconfig=6 (Intercluster Lookup Service) and featureconfig:featurename='IsHubCluster' and featureconfig:value=False, then role is Spoke Cluster

See here for details on reading Enterprise Service Parameters: Get Enterprise Parameters, Service Parameters?

Thank you for the answer.

But on a CUCM 11, when the role is "hub", the enterprise parameter "ClusterID" is still "StandAloneCluster".

Maybe can I use the "ILSState" keyname ?

Is there a solution to differentiate the "Standalone" mode and the "hub" mode ? When a CUCM11 is "Hub", the "clusterId" is also "standalone". Maybe the value of "ILSState" can be use but I don't know the value it can have.

Thanks,

Fabien

Looking at the UI, it seems that if mode=hub, then cluster ID must be NOT be 'Standalone' or ILS will not work properly - this would be a misconfiguration (though the admin UI appears to allow you to misconfigure it this way.)

OK. Thank you for the explanation. I will look to configuration of the CUCM to understand why the cluster ID is "Standalone".

Thanks !