cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use HW VPN?

scott.kooy
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the endpoint lab now with two endpoints.  One is a soft phone on a notebook computer.  The other is our application on a VM.  This works fine with the SW VPN.  But now we need to test with physical SIP phone.  Do you have instructions for using the HW VPN (Site to Site connections?)  What do I need to give to my IT department so we can set this up.  Thanks.

8 Replies 8

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry! You are able to connect a HW VPN to the lab, but we currently only support Cisco 800 Series routers to connect to the sandbox. Please ask your IT department if they have on of these avaiable to use.

If not, we can loan you one to use, or they may be purchased through the NFR program. Please let me know what your IT department says and we'll get you up and running!

Thanks!
Jacob

Sorry for the delay.  I got pulled off of this project for a bit.

Anyway, I believe we found a compatible router.   Can you send me the configuration file for a Cisco 881W router with the settings for the Cisco Endpoint Lab?  Is there anything on your end that you have to configure?  Or can we just connect after configuring our router?

Thanks!

Scott-

No problem, I can send you the config file. Could you let me know what your user name is for the sandbox?

Thanks!

Jacob

Well, I do not have an active reservation now, but I have reserved the sandbox several times.  Seems like reservations are limited to a week.  My VPN user name is "scott.kooy". Each time I reserve the sandbox I am given the following SIP account name for the soft phone I am using...not sure if it is related to the MAC address or not.

"scott.kooy54"

Or do I need to go ahead and reserve again and create a new endpoint with the MAC address of the physical SIP phone?

Hi Scott,

I see Jacob is dealing with this request. However, just wanted to clarify reservations on the Collaboration endpoint lab. This lab is always on.  If you have already created your endpoint in this lab during a previous reservation, there is no need to create it again in a new reservation. If you have not yet added it, you can do so now. Once the endpoint is created, it is never deleted, even when your reservation ends.

The UE with this lab is not where is should be and we are in the process of changing that.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks for clarifying.  I didn't realize that I did not need to re-create the endpoints.

So I created an endpoint for the physical SIP phone.  The user name is "scott.kooy7557"

Hi Scott-

Correct. Once you've registered the phone it will be there for good. You will be able to use the same VPN credentials to connect at anytime even without a reservation. I have sent you details about the VPN router directly through email.

Thanks!

Jacob