Views
Helpful
Replies

Get List of Queues for User

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I'm testing my Finesse API Implementation, but I can't seem to get a list of queues for a user.. What configuration and agent state would be required for this (http://finesse1.xyz.com/finesse/api/User/1234/Queues) call to return a non empty list?

I initially had all agents just configured with skills, now I've gone ahead and assigned some to CSQs.. still, I'm only getting empty lists.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stephan,

Your issue could be related to what is mentioned in the following post:

Finesse API - empty Queues

UCCX does not seem to support getting the list of queues for a user (the documentation is wrong).

In our UCCX deployment, every time a user's skills are changed, we will get an empty list of queues when we call the API. Restarting the Tomcat server has worked for us in getting the list of queues for a user back.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

The admin can access the queue list. Not a desktop user. Could I ask the scenario you are trying to access?

ewindgat: As described in the Cisco Finesse Web Services Developer Guide Release 11.0 on page 121 and 122, all users can use the API "Queue—Get List of Queues for User" to retrieve a list of queues for any user. I just tested it on a Finesse server and e.g. an agent can get all queues hi is member of.

So, I guess the issue may back-end related.

stephan.steiner: Could you please explain your scenario? Are you able to retrieve user data by calling http://<FQDN>/finesse/api/User/<id>  ?

(User - Get User)

@Tobias: I can get the user object just fine.. it just never contains any queues.

I suspect the backend as well.. I'm working against a CCX 10.6 here.

Hi Stephan,

Your issue could be related to what is mentioned in the following post:

Finesse API - empty Queues

UCCX does not seem to support getting the list of queues for a user (the documentation is wrong).

In our UCCX deployment, every time a user's skills are changed, we will get an empty list of queues when we call the API. Restarting the Tomcat server has worked for us in getting the list of queues for a user back.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Juan is correct. UCCX does not support getting the list of queues for a user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: