cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS to ISE migration

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

Trying to get a BOM put together to upgrade an ACS install to ISE.  I think I have it narrowed down to:

ISE-VM-M-K9=

L-ISE- BSE-250-M=

Looking through the ordering guide I am a little confused by this statement:

Please note that existing ACS customer should also order the ISE Device Administration Migration License if they wish to support both endpoint access as well as device administration on the same ISE deployment.

I cannot seem to find this "ISE Device Administration Migration License" anywhere in the guide?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Smolz, there is no "ISE Device Administration Migration License". One will need to purchase device administration license (L-ISE-TACACS=) in order to enable TACACS+ features. Can you provide the link to the document that references such license so I can get it corrected? Thank you.

Hosuk

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Smolz, there is no "ISE Device Administration Migration License". One will need to purchase device administration license (L-ISE-TACACS=) in order to enable TACACS+ features. Can you provide the link to the document that references such license so I can get it corrected? Thank you.

Hosuk

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf

It is in Section 5.6 of the ordering guide, which was linked to from several places.

5.6 Cisco ISE Migration Licenses

Existing Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) customers or Cisco NAC Guest Server customers wishing to migrate to Cisco ISE can order special Cisco ISE Base Migration Licenses. These are designated by an “-M=” in the Cisco ISE Base SKUs listed in the table below. Please note that existing ACS customer should also order the ISE Device Administration Migration License if they wish to support both endpoint access as well as device administration on the same ISE deployment.

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you, will get it corrected.

This link is not working, can you send it to me if you have that?

Hi Hosuk,

What if the client has an existing ACS 3415 and 3515 with valid Support service? do they only require TACACS+ license and 100 base license?

based on the statement below, what does "ISE support" mean?

link: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf

ACS customers with supported hardware (SNS-34xx or SNS-35xx) who wish to migrate to ISE need to order ISE support for the number of appliances and other licenses as required, based on number of endpoints and desired features

Thanks and Regards,

Alex

irgunaseelan
Level 1
Level 1

How is the TACACS licensed ? Is that per ISE node, or per deployment cluster as one Primary and Secondary PAN?

Hello Infant Gunaseelan.

The latest version of the ISE Ordering Guide has this info in Table 5 page 6:

Device Administration | Enables Device Administration/TACACS+ support for networking devices | Perpetual | Add-on to Base licenses. Deployment wide license.

Further, Table 8 page 8:

Device Administration (TACACS+) | Controls device administrators seeking to perform configuration changes or maintenance on networking devices such as switches, wireless controllers, routers, etc., in order to perform the maintenance. | Service is enabled with a valid Device Administration license and is functional across entire ISE deployment.

I hope this is helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: