Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow performance on HTTP API Requests

mikejobson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The last few days I have been doing some testing on a Cisco SX80 codec to develop some new libraries for Crestron. Now that we have the power of writing stuff in C# I have the task of writing code to control over HTTP using the XML interface.

However since starting on this I have noticed that the codec is terribly slow on processing requests with both the GET / POST methods and also slow to update back on the feedback mechanism.

In simple testing from my browser using PostMan it takes on average well over 500ms just to process a command to mute and unmute the mics!!

The codec is on TC7.3.4 and is brand new out of a box.

I also had to hand another C-Series codec on the same version number and I am getting similar slow times.

Is this what to expect with the API because the Cisco Telepresence Touch controller that comes with the unit seems to run quite responsive and one would think this just uses the same API?

Even serial control would be faster than this!

1 Reply 1

mikejobson
Level 1
Level 1

Ok so now I'm beginning to think nobody reads these posts. Shame really as it's so hard to actually get to speak to someone at Cisco now regarding VC stuff.