cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS with WLC

paulle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am trying to configure TACACS for WLC and am following this youtube video from TAC but when I get to the step where I pick device type WLC all I see is “All device types”

Any guidance appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Device Types are groups you have to configure.  You can name them whatever you want i.e. Device Type: Wired, Device Type: Wireless, Device Type: VPN.  You can configure then by going to Administration -> Network Resources -> Network Device Types in ISE 2.0.

Regards,

-Tim

OK thanks, I got past that. Now I am getting authenticated OK but am failing in the authorization with "15020 Could not find selected Shell Profiles" but I have the profile configured and even tried to call the default profile with the same results.....

In addition to Krishnan's post -  the attribute we need to push from ISE role1=ALL is case sensitive. If in case it doesn't work -check debugs on the WLC side by running debug aaa tacacs enable - you should see it coming as arg[0] = [9][role1=ALL]

~ Jatin

~Jatin

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please follow the How to guide on TACACS for WLC.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/how_to/HowTo-TACACS_for_WLC.pdf

-Krishnan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: